The Office of the Vice Provost for Research (OVPR) supports faculty members from all academic units in their research and scholarship. The office provides pre- and post-award services for grants and contracts, facilitates partnerships and collaborative agreements with external entities, manages compliance oversight, provides assistance with intellectual property and technology transfer, and offers marketing and communication support for Baylor research. The office also funds and manages competitive internal grant programs to advance knowledge and help faculty compete more successfully for external research funding.
Baylor University's commitment to research and scholarship is a central component of Illuminate, the University's academic strategic plan. The OVPR is proud to be a part of these efforts aimed at producing high-impact research and creative endeavors that address critical issues of our time and build a firm foundation for future discovery. Our staff members work alongside faculty, graduate students and undergraduate students as we continue to build capacity and expand research opportunities for the benefit of the Baylor community and the world.
What we do:
- Support faculty in carrying out innovative research and scholarly projects through our internal grant programs.
- Provide pre- and post-award research administration support through the University Research Administrators.
- Assist faculty in locating funding opportunities and preparing competitive proposals through the Research Development.
- Encourage partnerships with industry and business and managing the protection and transfer of intellectual property through the Technology Commercialization and Industry Engagement.
- Ensure the integrity of research activities through the Research Compliance.
- Report accurate, timely information on Baylor research through the Data Analytics and Planning.