Researchers at Baylor are responsible for:
- Understanding the requirements governing research involving recombinant DNA and synthetic nucleic acid molecules.
- Submitting an IBC application to secure required approval before beginning the project.
- Amending the approved IBC application prior to implementing changes to the research.
- Ensuring that all laboratory personnel have received the required training for the work they will perform.
- Adhering to and promoting applicable biosafety procedures, including:
- Ensuring the use of proper microbiological practices and laboratory techniques at the approved biosafety level
- If working at BSL2, compiling a BSL2 Biosafety Manual for use by lab personnel
- Complying with all requirements of Baylor Environmental Health & Safety
- Fulfilling any additional PI/PD responsibilities as detailed in Section IV-B-7 of the NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant or Synthetic Nucleic Acid Molecules.